Change of Name

In a divorce action, a woman who has changed their surname because of marriage can seek a change of name in a divorce action. If you do not change your name in a divorce action, you can change your name in a separate action.

There could be multiple reasons on why you may consider a legal name change either for yourself, your child or for your entire family. Reasons may include divorce, adoption, marriage, career, or dissatisfaction with your current name. Whatever reason you may have, let the firm of Sorkin and Sorkin, P.L. handle your name change today.

Once your name change has been granted by the courts, you can change your birth certificate, social security, passport, driver’s license, and any other additional documents, whether state or federal.


Call 800-375-2942 to schedule your free office consultation and learn more.

Name *